PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Mama" By, Shannon Elsom


~Mama~ 
By, Shannon Elsom 


Her light shines within me,
Illuminating...
Casting Her glow upon my shadowy depths.
Her Siren call entrancing,
I ebb and flow...
Her every murmur coaxing my tides.
Her love flows through me,
Slow and smooth...
Like black-strap molasses.
Thick and moist...
As a balmy summer's eve.
Intoxicating me with her essence...
Perfumed honey-wine.
Her secrets...
Like fruit ripened on the vine,
Bursting with the promise of juiciness.
She waits...
To be plucked and savored.
Her power grows inside me,
As ancient incantations...
Spun from the wise lips of Crones.
Her serpentine rattle calls my soul to dance,
Tracing sacred circles...
All move and breathe to the rhythm of Gaia's drum.
Her presence watches over me,
As raven, moon...
Sky, claw.
In the pools of Her eternal gaze,
My own vision is washed clear...
Baptizing my eyes in beauty.
I stare into the face of the Goddess,
My reflection...
In the Cosmic mirror. 


2 comments:

  1. beautiful Shannon I am so enjoying this free spirit you have been unleashing here! Love ya Keep your shine in ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie. Yes... I have been coming out of the broom closet, so to speak... letting my wild woman sing free. It feels good to own my path and the woman I've become. Thank you for your love and support. It feels amazing to be appreciated for the real me.

    ReplyDelete