PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 10, 2010

Looking in

I found myself in the mind of the young teen
sitting in the back of the class
quiet and alone

Lost and scared out of her mind
not fitting in
not knowing who she is or what she wants

How do you mold yourself
when there is no form you will fit in?

Separated lives or so it felt
when she was at school and when she was home
it really didn't make much a difference
only she pulled away from everyone
for different reasons

The pain I feel when I remember those days
not fitting in my middle school
then to go home and feel like I was invisible

Wanting to fit in but I could never really feel the pull
the one that said yes this is calling to me
to live like this
to enjoy this and to have fun

Always just longing for some one to just tell me who I was
to tell me I was beautiful
to tell me I mean something to them
to belong

I found it!
switching schools
starting new

I feel that connection now
with that young lady
the one who shoved aside wanting to fit in
she was scared but pushed through
found friends that brought out the joy
her soul was joyous and full of adventure

Suddenly the need to feel wanted was gone
the needs were altogether different
the need to be myself
the need to put me first
the need to not twist my self to please others
the need to be respected
the need to smile!

Oh I have missed you young one
the one who gave me the taste of freedom
who showed me I can kick ass
I can say I NEED! and get it myself

The strength to stand up
and not to be taken advantage of

Welcome home love
I will respect you
I will honor and feed this soul
this Goddess that lives within
trust
treasure and most of all
explore!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,

    Keep expressing your beauty through your poetic soul! I love every piece you share. I really feel it is coming from such a heart-centered place. My how you shine!

    ReplyDelete