PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Checkmate" By, Shannon Elsom



~Checkmate~
By, Shannon Elsom

I've been here before
I know the scene
When everything that was certain
Is not quite what it seems
When you take a bite of that polished apple
And find it rotten to the core
A bitter taste of reality
Shocking open new doors

Yes…
I've been here before
I know the scene
But the plot is not the only thing not quite what it seems
I'm not a weak woman
My power is vast
I have a fire in my belly
A soul built to last
I may have been wounded
My name dragged through the mud
My love has been man-handled
Not treated with kid gloves
But my heart is wide open
It’s beat…
Fearlessly free
Good luck trying to pull a fast one on me

Bite into my apple 
You’ll find substance at its core
Yet lips that lie will be denied
Left hungering for more
No matter how you plot
Or desperately you may scheme
My love is my power
It will bring you to your knees

Play with the Queen of Hearts
And you will lose your pretty head
I’m not to be trifled with
Perhaps you were misled
You pulled a card from the deck of my past
You toyed with love like a game
But it is I who will have the last laugh
With my arrow’s steady aim

Yes…
I’ve been here before
I know well the scene
Oh, silly foolish boy
Things are not what they seem


1 comment: